SUN CITY BIRD CLUB
June 6, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Topic: Sea Turtles
Speaker: Dr. Joe Pfaller, research director of the Caretta Research Project, a nonprofit organization dedicated to studying and protecting sea turtles on Wassaw Island, Georgia.
Summer schedule: There will not be any programs or field trips in July and August.
Please Drink Bird Friendly Coffee
1. Consider country of origin – Costa Rica, Brazil and Columbia more sun grown coffees
2. Smaller companies better than multinationals
3. Price – cheap is not sustainable for the farmer and the environment
- Wild Birds Unlimited on HHI has bird friendly coffee. We encourage you to buy it and support them when you go to get your seed.
- Amazon has many varieties of Bird Friendly® coffee available online including Keurig type recyclable pods with coffee and decaf; Paula and Freddi have both purchased these, not unreasonable prices 72 coffee $31; 72 decaf $35
- Whole Foods’ coffee division, Allegro Coffee, is now offering two Bird Friendly® shade-grown coffees: one in the bulk bins, and one on the shelf
- Also check out on-line www.Thanksgiving.com and www.birdsandbeans.com