Our next membership meeting will be on
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
at Hidden Cypress at 4:00 PM
Chris Kehrer, Port Royal Sound Foundation Naturalist & Education Coordinator, will present a range of topics including the Port Royal Sound, the waterways and rivers of Beaufort County, bird populations, and other interesting facts.
Please Drink Bird Friendly Coffee
1. Consider country of origin – Costa Rica, Brazil and Columbia more sun grown coffees
2. Smaller companies better than multinationals
3. Price – cheap is not sustainable for the farmer and the environment
- Wild Birds Unlimited on HHI has bird friendly coffee. We encourage you to buy it and support them when you go to get your seed.
- Amazon has many varieties of Bird Friendly® coffee available online including Keurig type recyclable pods with coffee and decaf; Paula and Freddi have both purchased these, not unreasonable prices 72 coffee $31; 72 decaf $35
- Whole Foods’ coffee division, Allegro Coffee, is now offering two Bird Friendly® shade-grown coffees: one in the bulk bins, and one on the shelf
- Also check out on-line - www.birdsandbeans.com